Edwin Blyde & Sons
Biographical Account: Edwin Blyde worked from a number of different workshops as a cutlery merchant and manufacturer, moving from Eyre Street, to Charles Street, Bow Street, Rockingham Street and Lambert Street between 1868 and 1879. By 1896 Blyde had moved to Charleston Works on Orange Street, because he had become a partner in Brumby & Middleton with Herbert Bramble Middleton. This partnership was dissolved in 1902, and the firm returned to the name of Edwin Blyde & Company. In 1912 Edwin Blyde sold the business to Walter Trickett, whose works are still standing on the corner of Trippet Lane and Holly Street.