Henry Atkin first registered at Sheffield Assay Office in 1841 and used the mark 'HA'. He produced blades, handles and forks.
In 1853 the firm became Atkin Brothers and expanded the goods it produced to include a large range of flatware, holloware and some cutlery. The firm was renowned for producing goods of exceptional quality. In 1958 the flatware business was sold to C J Vander and the holloware business to Adie Brothers of Birmingham.