Date Made/Found: 1892-1937
Material and Medium: metal, wood.
Dimensions: Overall: 229 × 343 × 370mm
Department: Social History
Accession Number: 1970.57
This typewriter was used in the offices of Walker, Eaton & Co., an engineering firm on Spital Hill. It was donated by Mr Edwin Walker who was the son of the original purchaser. He thought that it was the oldest typewriter in Sheffield, because it was bought for the company around 1892 and used until his father’s death in 1937. It was still in working order when it was donated to the City’s museum collections in 1970.Display Location: